Functions as just a link. It is used for Navigation within your service in a way button is but looks like text and cannot switch colors. Thus deciding on what to use is a purely a visual decision. Refer to Complex Elements tab to see examples of best practices of choosing between a button and a link.
LINK ELEMENT PROPERTIES
- Backend Name: is used to reference this Element from the other parts of the App. Using Backend Name the value stored in the Element could be printed or it can be called for the logical conditions.
- Text: the string entered to this field would be displayed to the AppUser.
- Font Family: select the font family from the list of defined fonts.
- Font Size: the size of text characters, measured in units called points (pts); a point is equal to 1/72 inch.
- Line Height: the amount of space above and below the text.
- Letter Spacing: is the adjustment of the horizontal white space between the letters in a block of text.
- Text Color: is sometimes used to convey meaning beyond the basic text. You may use the specific color to emphasize an important statement.
- Background Color: sets the background color of an element. The background of an element is the total size of the element, including padding and border (but not the margin). Tip: Use a background color and a text color that makes the text easy to read.
- Border: setting the border to 0 would make it invisible. You can customize the each of the 4 borders separately or all of them together.
- Corner Radius: how rounded the corners you want to be.
- Margin: the space around Element, outside of the defined border.
- Padding: the space around an Element's content, inside of the defined border.
- Visibility: the default state of the Element, is shown by default, but can be hidden.
- Conditional Visibility: the condition on which the element would become (un)hidden.
- Repeat Element: repeat the Element based on the Smart Filter.
LINK ELEMENT ACTIONS
- Operations: linking the link would launch the execution of the _OPERATION_.
- Variable: you can set up the some value to the variable by filling in the corresponding table.
- Show Notification settings dialog: if checked the AppUser would see the _Notification settings_ pop up once the link is pressed.
- Show Save App dialog: if checked the AppUser would see the _Save App_ pop up once the link is pressed.
- Register element's usage: if checked the Event of the link pressed would be created in the Backend.
- Hide this event from object: if checked the AppUser would not be able to see the event of pressing the link in the History _SYSTEM SCREEN_.
- Make such events visible to: select the Role, Users of which would be able to see the event fo pressing the link.
- Connects to: the redirect to the selected dropdown would run if the link is clicked.
- External Link: the redirect to the external link would run if the link is clicked. You can select the link to be opened in the new browser tab.
- Toggle Element Visibility: check to make this element conditionally hidden based on the _Button Element_ pressed.
- Toggle Element Name: enter the name of the Element that needs to be hidden/shown when the link is clicked.