Manage app users and objects
Object is a unique user stored on backend. Tenant account can have several apps. Each app can access its' own user records (Objects) only. The data for each Object is stored as a separate row in the table. The columns of the table represent Object's properties and can be customized. For example, an app user fills in Nickname, Phone and Email fields and submits the form:
In Objects section of the platform Nickname, Phone and Email columns display the data entered by this app user.
You can use Objects table data in any part of the platform by using Hashtags.
WHERE TO FIND APP USERS & OBJECTS
To go to Objects section, you can:
- If you already entered your app: header → left-hand side menu → Objects
- If you just logged in and see apps list: ACTIONS → Objects.
APP USERS & OBJECTS VIEW
The platform has a number of pre-built columns:
- ID: unique ID of the object, is used to reference the object and it's properties
- Enabled: allows to turn off the access to the app for app user, is checked by default
- LoginUrl: link with QR code and link to access the app. Can be used for testing and distribution purposes. The app can be launched in desktop browser on behalf of the user
- PIN: access password to enter when opening the app
- LastLogin: displays the date and time of the last access. If blank - the user has not accessed the app yet
- HomeScreen: you can choose the screen app user will see first. Set to Home by default
- Facebook Channel / Telegram Channel / Viber Channel / VK Channel / Chrome Push Channel: indicates which notification channels are enabled for the user
- Tester: app user which is used for testing. Objects checked as testers are displayed in Preview mode in Constructor, you can select the object and see how the screen is displayed for this user.
ADD ADDITIONAL PARAMETERS TO USER PROFILE (CUSTOM COLUMNS)
Parameters to fill in:
- Column name
- Default Value: optional to fill in. When filled in, this value will automatically apply to both exsisting and new objects
- Column will contain files (ONLY): restricts the column to store anything but files (Photos, Videos, Audio). When not checked a column can store both files and data i.e strings, integers.The size limitation is 50MB.
There are 3 ways to add objects to the app:
- Manual: clicking Add Object button will add new object to the end of the list
- Using API
- CSV or Excel import:
- click Import
- select CSV or Excel file (MAX file size is 5MB)
- select the column of the objects where the column from the file will be imported:
Demo CSV File with some columns pre-created: Demo_Export_Objects.csv
SET UP OBJECTS TABLE VIEW
Choose the columns you want to be displayed on your screen:
- click Setup table button on the right
- select the columns to be shown
- drag and drop columns set up the order you need
- click Update grid.