What is Object?
Each unique AppUser of Mobsted PWApp is stored in the Table as a separate line and is called "Object". The properties of the AppUsers (Objects) are the Columns of the table and can be customized in the way needed.
For example, if we want to greet the AppUser by name when he/she enters the Application, we would need to have "Name" column, where we would store the required value(Name) for each Object(AppUser).
Depending on the specifications of the application every object might have some other parameters like phone number or email address, DOB, but still we would keep each parameter in the separate column.
What can be an Object?
As was mentioned earlier, Object is the AppUser, the one who going to launch the App and perform actions in it.
But Objects are not restricted to be only AppUsers.
You can define any physical matter as an Object, for example: the printer can be defined as Object in Mobsted Platform and it's Columns could be the Manufacture Date, Location in the Office, etc., and if the printer would run out of paper, another Object, the Employee of the firm can send the signal to the Mobsted system that extra paper needs to be inserted. Employee can do that by scanning the QR code on the Printer Object and selecting the corresponding predefined option in the PWApp created using Mobsted.
Or, another good example would be creating your own custom PWApps for the home utilities such as electric lights. If those have API, you can create the Mobsted PWApp based on it to perform custom actions: You can create the custom setting to turn off the light in 17minutes and 33 seconds after the corresponding button in you PWA app was pressed. For more details on this please refer to Constructor and Backend sections.
How to find Objects on the Platform?
You can access Objects by mouse overing mouse button of the App on the home screen of the platform and selecting Objects from the list, it is also available from the Constructor.
When creating the Mobsted platform we tried to think of the best way to communicate with the Objects and the two most popular ways nowadays are the via the Phone either calls or text messages and via the email.
With this being said adding Phone Number and Email are the default fields in Mobsted platform that can be added by clicking corresponding buttons. The columns added are blank by default and expected to be filled (or removed if unnecessary). There are some other default columns, let's take a closer look at them:
- № sign: The unique ID of the Object, is used to reference the Object and it's properties
- Enabled: The checkbox that allows to turn off the access to the App for the AppUser. It checked by default.
- LoginUrl: The link with the QR code using which the App is accessible.
- LastLogin: Displays the date and time AppUser accessed the App the last time. If blank then the AppUser did not access the App yet.
- HomeScreen: You can choose the screen the AppUser would see first. Set to Home by default
In most of the cases you would need much more properties of the Objects than Mobsted provides by default. Adding new parameter to the Object, like DOB, requires new column to be created to store this value.
By clicking "Add Custom Column" you would start the process of adding new Column (Property) to your Objects in addition to the default ones.
First, properties tab will slide from the side, where you'll be asked to feel in some fields to set up the column.
The fields or parameters are:
- Column name
- Its Default Value - meaning what value would be stored in it before any parameter would be assigned
and some checkboxes:
- Close from self editing by Object - if checked, the Object would not be able to view or change this field in his Profile Screen.
- Show the content to a Servicer in the Event - the Object would not be able to see this field in his Profile but would be shown for Business Customer.
- Column will contain files (ONLY) - restrict the column to store anything but files. If the checkbox is empty you can store any kind of data in the column: Strings, Integers, and files like Photos, Videos, or Audio. The default size limitation is 50MB, but may be customized on the server side.
- Ask if auto-registration - this column would be asked if self registration is checked in security settings.
- In short view of Servicer - check to show in short list for the person who would work with App data, we call them "Service Managers. "
There are two way to add Objects to the Application:
ManualClicking "Add Object" button will add new object to the end of the list.There is one column added by default, the LoginUrl column: for each Object the platform generates the unique link which would be delivered to your AppUsers and which they would use to access the Application. The App could be launched on the desktop browser from the Object perspective, to do this just click the Open Link button in the LoginUrl column for the corresponding Object.
Importing ObjectsThe second one is a bit faster: you can use Import tool that allows to use Excel and CSV files that contain Objects with all the parameters, everything would be added to the Application database and represented to you.
Ways to deliver the link to be described down in link to invite AppUsers article.
Set up view of the Objects Table
Sometimes we need to hide one set of columns and show another one.
We can easily do that by clicking the Setup Table button you can customize the columns you would see in the table by checking the checkboxes in the menu appeared. You can also customize the order of the columns by drag and dropping them in the menu. In the menu columns are displayed as rows.
Objects could be filtered based on the parameters for the data analysis and more. Take a look Smart Filters article for more info.
Getting in touch with AppUsers
There might be cases when you would want to get in touch only with selected part of AppUsers(Objects).
You can do this by selecting them in the checkbox on the left and clicking Message.