FILE BUTTON ELEMENT
Allows attaching video or any type of file. Cloud storage services installed on object’s mobile device (Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, etc) are also accessible, so object/users can submit files created on desktop and saved to the cloud. Up to 20 files per one submission with up to 20 Mb per file provides 400 Mb in a single transfer. Note that longer video files made with newest phone models are much bigger and will cause a time out Error. If you need to transfer larger files, please contact Mobsted tech support for a special arrangement.
IMPORTANT! This tool can be used for:
- Field data submission to central office, with tags. For example, you user runs 3 construction projects, where he files separate reports for communications and for general construction and he does it per quarter. Just typing this info in email with attachment is a waste of your time and for a receiver’s filing everything. Add three select boxes for that user – Project (fill it up from object columns, since projects change over time), Type (set in element itself to hold “comm” or “general”), quarter (set in element to hold 1,2,3 and 4). Then add a file submission button. Done. All incoming Events with documents are automatically filled with Filters in backend and you have ability to accept or decline Events with Statuses.
- Proof of expenses in many cases requires several categories, for example a lawyer files per client, per case and per type of expense and only then attaching a file or photo. Add an input field for each category. You should prefer using Select element when there are many sets of categories, since Select does not take valuable screen space.
FILE BUTTON ELEMENT PROPERTIES
- Backend Name: is used to reference this Element from the other parts of the App. Using Backend Name the value stored in the Element could be printed or it can be called for the logical conditions.
- Name: the string entered to this field would be displayed to the AppUser.
- Required: if checked makes this field required to be filled and would allow to move to the next page only when the field is filled and the file is uploaded.
- Font Family: select the font family from the list of defined fonts.
- Font Size: the size of text characters, measured in units called points (pts); a point is equal to 1/72 inch.
- Line Height: the amount of space above and below the text.
- Letter Spacing: is the adjustment of the horizontal white space between the letters in a block of text.
- Text Color: is sometimes used to convey meaning beyond the basic text. You may use the specific color to emphasize an important statement.
- Background Color: sets the background color of an element. The background of an element is the total size of the element, including padding and border (but not the margin). Tip: Use a background color and a text color that makes the text easy to read.
- Border: setting the border to 0 would make it invisible. You can customize the each of the 4 borders separately or all of them together.
- Corner Radius: how rounded the corners you want to be.
- Margin: the space around Element, outside of the defined border.
- Padding: the space around an Element's content, inside of the defined border.
- Hide Data From Object: the AppUser would not be able to see the data in the field in the History System Screen.
- Visibility: the default state of the Element, is shown by default, but can be hidden.
- Conditional Visibility: the condition on which the element would become (un)hidden.
- Repeat Element: repeat the Element based on the Smart Filter.
FILE BUTTON ELEMENT ACTIONS
- Save to Object Column: select the Objects Column you want the data from this field(the file) to be stored in.
- Toggle Element Visibility: check to make this element conditionally hidden based on the _Button Element_ pressed.
- Toggle Element Name: enter the name of the Element that needs to be hidden/shown when the link is clicked.