Filter any backend and Object data
Process and filter data, stored on the platform, to make it available anywhere via hashtags mechanism.
Data sets that can be filtered
How to refer to filtered results
Where Filtered data can be referenced
Find filters in Constructor → Backend or Constructor → Objects:
- Go to Filters: Backend or Constructor → Objects
- Create new Filter: click ADD FILTER in the top left corner, then click Create New Filter.
SET FILTERS' CONDITIONS
- Select the value to be compared. Possible options:
- Action name of the Event
- Key of the Event
- Object property, such as: Phone, Email, Login date.
- Select the comparison criteria. Possible options:
- Equal ( = ) - strict match.
- Not equal ( <> )
- Doesn't contain
- Is Set - checks if the field specified is NOT empty
- Is Not Set - checks if the field specified is empty
- Select the comparison value. Possible options:
- String from the dropdown
- Any text typed in manually
CREATE EVENT/OBJECT FILTER
Each Filter works with Events and Objects simultaneously. For example: if the filter counts how many clicks were made on the particular button in Events, the same filter will show how many people clicked the button in Objects section.
- Set up for Object filter that calculates the average age of people with mobsted.com email:
- Set up for Event filter that calculates the number of clicks on the button with the BackendName "updatePhone" within last 7 days:
MERGE TWO FILTERS
Filter can contain either AND or OR condition. In order to have OR + AND conditions use hashtags within new filter.
For example: we want to create the filter that will display everyone with email on Mobsted OR Outlook domain, and who has US phone number.
- First filter will contain the required Email condition, we will name it as Email.
- Second filter will contain the required Phone condition merged (AND operator) with the Email filter above.
USE AGGREGATE FUNCTIONS
Aggregation methods applicable for filter:
USE PERIOD SETTING
Set up a time period the filter will be applied on. Time period can be fixed between dates specified, or dynamic - older than 2 days / younger than 3 weeks. Can be used with OR or AND conditions, but not combined.
PREVIEW YOUR FILTER RESULTS
Click on the filter to see all the data applicable to it. To see all the data click again on the filter to unselect it.
SHOW / HIDE THE SAME FILTER FROM OBJECTS / EVENTS
To hide / show the same filter in Objects and Backend section click ADD FILTER and select checkbox for the corresponding column.
SHOW FILTER RESULTS ON APP SCREEN
It is possible to display filter results to app user by using Hashtags.
- Showing filter counts:
We use Hashtags to refer to Object's filer "Age" and show the Count of fitting records.
- Iterating through filter records:
We use Hashtags functionality combined with loops to go through each record. How to set it up:
- Enable loop on the element you want to iterate
- Use your filter data as data source. In our case it is #ObjectsFilter:AgeEmail:Data#
- Name the loop. In our case it is AgeEmailLoop
- Reference the loop and call the properties of the Object that you want to display, in our case it is Name ( #Loop:AgeEmailLoop:objects@Name# ) and Age ( #Loop:AgeEmailLoop:objects@Age#).Mobile View: