FILE LINK ELEMENT
This element initiates a file view in user’s web browser. How the file opens depends on the file type and the browser. Simply use File link to add a one single file, for example, a latest invoice, which is identical for all your objects. Go personal by inserting #last-invoice# (see _HASHTAGS_) to the File Source property for a personal invoice stored in your, say “last-invoice”, column for every object. Basically you can distribute personalized files relevant to the object/user. This “personalization” is commonly used to show personal documents (like tax forms and employee agreements), personal grades, manuals for object specific equipment, etc.
For example, you want the user to watch the video in the new browser tab, you can do this by using File Link Element.
FILE LINK ELEMENT PROPERTIES
- Backend Name: is used to reference this Element from the other parts of the App. Using Backend Name the value stored in the Element could be printed or it can be called for the logical conditions.
- Name: the string entered to this field would be displayed to the AppUser.
- File Load: upload the file you want to show to the AppUser by clicking the following button.
- FIle Source: the path to the file would be displayed in the following filed.
- Font Family: select the font family from the list of defined fonts.
- Font Size: the size of text characters, measured in units called points (pts); a point is equal to 1/72 inch.
- Line Height: the amount of space above and below the text.
- Letter Spacing: is the adjustment of the horizontal white space between the letters in a block of text.
- Text Color: is sometimes used to convey meaning beyond the basic text. You may use the specific color to emphasize an important statement.
- Background Color: sets the background color of an element. The background of an element is the total size of the element, including padding and border (but not the margin). Tip: Use a background color and a text color that makes the text easy to read.
- Border: setting the border to 0 would make it invisible. You can customize the each of the 4 borders separately or all of them together.
- Corner Radius: how rounded the corners you want to be.
- Margin: the space around Element, outside of the defined border.
- Padding: the space around an Element's content, inside of the defined border.
- Visibility: the default state of the Element, is shown by default, but can be hidden.
- Conditional Visibility: the condition on which the element would become (un)hidden.
- Repeat Element: repeat the Element based on the Smart Filter.
FILE LINK ELEMENT ACTIONS
- Register element's usage: if checked the Event of opening the file would be recorded in the Backend.
- Hide this event from object : if checked the AppUser would not be able to see the event of pressing the link in the History _SYSTEM SCREEN_
- Make such events visible to: select the Role, Users of which would be able to see the event fo pressing the link.
- Toggle Element Visibility: check to make this element conditionally hidden based on the _Button Element_ pressed.
- Toggle Element Name: SHOULDN'T BE HERE